Explorer Post #831
The Explorer Program is a fun and safe way for teens and young adults in our community, 14-20 years of age, to learn about the field of law enforcement. Explorers participate in patrol ride-alongs, assist with traffic control, crowd control, give tours of the Police Department, and help with many other tasks and events. This program gives teens a better understanding of the various law enforcement roles and can help them to decide whether or not to pursue a career in law enforcement.
Becoming an Explorer
If you are interested in applying for the Scotts Valley Police Explorer Post, please submit an Application and a one page essay on why you want to be considered for the program. The recruitment will close when we get a sufficient number of responses.
- Email your application and essay (preferably as a PDF or Word file) to email@example.com or drop it off at the lobby of the Scotts Valley Police Department.
- You'll then be signed up for a patrol ride-a-long with a member of the department.
- Next, an Explorer staff member will contact you in order to set up a date for an oral interview.
- If you are accepted into our Post, you will be notified (via phone call) within two weeks of your interview date.
- Attendance to the first three meeting is mandatory.
- After the first three meetings, you will officially be a Probationary Explorer.
- You must complete a Field Training program which will give you the knowledge and training you need in order to be a Police Explorer.
- Upon passing the Field Training final, you will be a full-fledged Police Explorer.
- You must be at least 14, but no older than 20 years old.
- You must have an interest in Law Enforcement.
- You must be enrolled in either High School or College.
- You must maintain a C grade point average.
- You must demonstrate a solid level of responsibility and maturity. A record of criminal violations may be grounds for disqualification.
- The Scotts Valley Police Explorer Post has regular meetings and training that you must be willing to commit to.
Explorer Post Information
The Scotts Valley Police Explorer Post #831 is a part of a department-wide Tradition of Excellence. We strive to maintain a professional post of volunteers who share an interest in law enforcement. The Police Explorer program allows young people to grow and develop while gaining invaluable work experience, skills and knowledge.
If you have any questions about joining the Scotts Valley Police Explorers, you may email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the National Police Explorer website at https://golawenforcement.com/police-explorer/.
The City of Scotts Valley is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.